Friday, March 5, 2010

15 Actual Reasons, but All Poor Excuses, as to Why I'm Not Writing Fiction Right Now

  1. I'm working on this blog.
  2. Mentally exhausted after a hectic week at work.
  3. I'm "in-between projects" and looking for inspiration.
  4. My fingers hurt when I type.
  5. We have yesterday's Daily Show, the Colbert Report, and Project Runway on the DVR.
  6. I already mixed myself a mudslide.
  7. Because I suck.
  8. Because I suck so much I'm getting writer's block after seven reasons already.
  9. Wait, here's one: because I haven't read the updates to all the other writers' blogs that I follow.
10. I'm wondering if those other writers were working on their blogs because they were stuck, too.
11. I have to take Ellie out for her walk soon, and I can't start something because it'll be interrupted.
12. I wonder what the dog thinks we do at the computer that's so fascinating?
13. I can't even make a simple list without my mind wandering, is this what early-onset dementia feels like?
14. How many reasons did I put in the title? Twenty five?!? Well, there's an easy edit.
15. And finally, because it's past my bedtime. Well, at least now it is. 25, I mean 15, reasons later.

No comments:

Post a Comment