Sunday, April 18, 2010

Two weeks since my last post

and this post's going to be a short one, too.

Ten of those 14 days I've been fighting off a nasty cold or the flu, and I haven't been writing, reading, or even thinking any more than necessary to get through the days. Of course, during that time foolish me started a new Grub Street class (10 Weeks, 10 Stories with Chip Creek) with two assignments due already, and I promised delivery to various folk of a flash fiction piece and a lit-mag review.

I was barely able to crank out a new piece to my writer's group that I revised and ended up reading at a fantastical literary salon last night, although now I want to revise that piece again and send it out for possible publication.

So why am I even bothering to blog?

Beats me. Warm-up exercise, avoidance behavior, guilt, I'm sure they all play a part. Oh, and a desire to plug Cathy Elick's Run for Grub fund-raising efforts. Help support a worthy cause.

The good news here, maybe the only news, is that I'm feeling well enough to think again, and therefore well enough to write regularly. Hope you're all feeling at least that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment