Sunday, March 28, 2010

Slowly Getting Back on the Horse

You take a week off from the gym (or a month, or a year), and that first trip back hurts. I'm told it's the same with bronco busting. And I know it's the same thing with writing.

If it weren't for deadlines, or for Carrie Heim's blog contest, I'd likely still be looking up at that big scary Arabian stallion of a blank page and wondering what the hell am I doing -- because I know this is gonna hurt.

I squeezed out five hundred words tonight. I doubt if they're any good, but there they are.

I wonder how much pain I'll be in when I look at them tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the blog shout-out! I hope your readers will swing by and check out the prize and (hopefully) enter the contest!

    500 words is a perfectly respectable word count for the day. Even if you hate them in the morning, remember that you can't edit a blank page, so ANY words are good words.

    ReplyDelete