Monday, January 4, 2010

Writing After Hours

Back to work, and by that I mean paying work (i.e. not writing), for the first time this year. Even though I was working from home today, I was indeed working, and that meant that today's writing time came out of evening family and relaxation time (as does this blogging, now that I think about it).

I'm still going, though. Another forty-five minutes, another page down, and I've moved the characters into what is likely to be the location of the story's end (although I'm not at the final scene -- at least one, maybe more, flashbacks are begging to be written first). Writing in short bursts is working for me.

Although like every working writer I daydream about being able to do nothing but write all day, realistically I think that a full-time writing life would be more exhausting than any job that doesn't require you to be on your feet swinging a twenty pound sledghammer for eight hours.

Sue Williams, I don't know how you do it. I'm off to family / relaxation time.

No comments:

Post a Comment