Sunday, August 29, 2010

Checking In

Checking the Submissions Log (I use an Excel spreadsheet, although I also recommend Duotrope's free submission tracker for registered users), I count exactly 29 submissions of five different stories sent out so far in August, with four rejections received already. Three of those were form rejections while one, from Necessary Fiction, came with short, but positive and helpful, comments. Soon I can sit back and wait for the rest of the rejections to come home. No, I'm not being negative, just realistic. Not to mention setting myself up to be oh-so-pleasantly surprised.

I also started a new story this evening. I'm looking forward to taking some new writing to my writer's group, as we start up again after a summer hiatus. Yes, I dare say it, brand spankin' new writing. Well, at least a new paragraph. That's what I've so far.

Still, me like.

Thanks for reading,

Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment