Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

The submission mission continues apace, and I now have five different pieces out to twenty journals since August first. So how's it going with the new writing? Well, I'd have to honestly say it's not going. At all. I mean, I understand you actually have to start before you can go anywhere.

Thankfully, it's almost September. Fall is my favorite time of the year, and the back-to-school vibes always recharge my creative batteries. Not to mention that my writing group, the Bay State Scribblers, will be back to meeting more frequently, William Gibson is going to be at the Coolidge Corner Theater September 22, and I've signed up for three more Grub Street workshops.

Those courses include one full semester course, 10 Weeks, 10 Stories (yet again), this time with an instructor I haven't had before, Adrian Van Young, and two one-nighters, Writing as Performance with Amanda Keil and Creating Complex Characters with Lisa Borders.

One whiff of New England fall air, or one more Staples Back to School ad, and I'll be ready to go. I hope.

Thanks for Reading,

Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment